In order to use POLLUX a free registration is required. The following general terms and conditions apply:
- POLLUX is free and open to the public. Several login account types with different access privileges exist. In order to be able to save search results, login as a "standard user" is required. Access to POLLUX’s licensed full texts is only available to users registered as “political scientists”.
- Use of content is permitted to the same extent as that of the usual library services provided to users. It includes on-screen viewing, searching, downloading and printing of search results from bibliographic databases, of small parts from digital full texts, e.g. journal articles for one’s own research and private use and for teaching purposes. It primarily serves research purposes.
- Transfer of one’s own login details (username and password) to third parties is not permitted.
- POLLUX reserves the right to modify the functionality of the offer at any time.
- Liability for direct and indirect damages resulting from the use or discontinuation of POLLUX’s services is excluded, unless these were caused by intentional or grossly negligent behaviour of POLLUX staff.
The following terms apply additionally to licensed electronic products:
- Access to full texts is only permitted to registered and authorised users.
- Full texts may only be printed or saved for personal use and research purposes.
- A systematic download of full texts or search results is prohibited; this applies in particular to robots.
- Full texts may not be passed on to third parties electronically or in printed form.
- Please also note any conditions of use specific to the individual product.