POLLUX makes your literature and information procurement faster and more efficient regardless of location
We have enormously expanded POLLUX in the segment of book publications, integrating the contents of neighbouring disciplines (e.g. economics, public law, contemporary history, sociology etc.). In this way we take into account the inter- or transdisciplinary working methods of the political science community. As a basis for the extension, we have filtered all relevant titles from many metadata sources. The extension is now being carried out step by step for journal publications, contributions to collective works and Open Access publications. Our aim is to provide you with preferably all the literature you need for your research.
In POLLUX you will no longer find only titles that you can either access directly electronically or that can be ordered via the delivery service Subito. Titles that are available in Germany and that you can order via the interlibrary loan service of your home library are now also displayed. If interlibrary loan is not available, you can contact the owning library directly.
Corona note: Please note that due to the Corona pandemic many libraries have been closed and the interlibrary loan service is therefore suspended at some libraries.
Due to the current recommendations on the corona pandemic, the entire POLLUX team has been sent to home office. We can still be reached by email (email@example.com) and telephone (0421/218 59590) and our services can also be used without any restrictions - with one exception: until we can return to our office, we have to intermit our current publication service for printed books. We ask for your understanding.
We are very pleased to welcome the following new members to our Scientific Advisory Board:
We are pleased to welcome
- Dr. Martin Beckstein (Politische Philosophie, Universität Zürich)
- Prof. Dr. Paula Diehl (Politische Theorie, Universität Kiel)
- Dr. Frederike Kelle (Global Governance, WZB Berlin)
- Natalie Tröller, M.A. (Internationale Beziehungen, Universität Trier)
- Dr. Dieter Wolf (Geschäftsführer SOCIUM Bremen).
A warm welcome to all of you and thank you for supporting POLLUX.
The journal "Totalitarismus und Demokratieforschung" from HAIT is now published with financial support from POLLUX by Vandenhoek and Ruprecht Open Access! To ensure free access for all readers in the long term, it is important that existing subscriptions are continued ("subscribe to open" model)
The licenses for e-book packages of the following publishers will expire soon and cannot be renewed due to lack of financial resources:
Babara Budrich, Berghahn Books, Campus, De Gruyter, Duncker & Humblot, Metropolis, Nomos, Pluto Press, SAGE, Verso Books, World Scientific, Zed Books
The e-books of these publishers are nevertheless still included in POLLUX. Occasionally delays may occur due to embargos.
2020-03-23Oxford University Press
Cambridge University Press
2020-03-02Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Politics
Oxford Research Encyclopedia of International Studies
2020-02-24Oxford University Press
Cambridge University Press
Get the best search results
POLLUX offers access to a large number of resources in different formats - free of charge for registered political scientists. Following the e-first-principle, all sources are made available digitally and directly wherever possible.
- Comprehensive political science search space
- Free of charge, up-to-date and fast
- Electronic full texts (ebooks, articles)
- Large, up-to-date newspaper archive (Factiva)
- Find and save relevant literature
- Use different lists to store titles using your criteria
- Export lists to the reference management software
- Use a rating system to score best sources
- Articles from 600 German-language and 14,000 international newspapers, as well as documents and publications from international institutions
- International newspapers (The Times, The New York Times, The Independent etc.)
- German-language newspapers (Die Zeit, Süddeutsche Zeitung, Handelsblatt etc.)