literature and research tools
for political science
polsci.social - the mastodon server for political science
As of now, political science researchers at universities and non-commercial research institutions can register at polsci.social - the mastodon server for political science. This is the response of the Specialised Information Service for political science to the interest of political science researchers in providing an open channel for scholarly communication.
Further information: polsci.social/about
Open Library Politikwissenschaft
Once again we are the main sponsor of the transcript Open Library Political Science for the year 2023. Until the end of November, libraries and institutions can still participate in the OA funding of all new publications in the political science program.
About the Open Library Political Science:
The transcript Open Library Political Science is a model that enables the Open Access publication of all new publications in the program area of political science by a consortium. In four successful rounds to date, 65 institutions from Germany, Austria and Switzerland have already committed themselves to the Open Access transformation. Thanks to the open library communities, more than 200 book publications are freely accessible to the entire scientific community: 87 new publications through the community and 170 backlist publications as a free bonus service from the publisher.
New Video online: Pollux for students (german only)
In our latest video "Pollux for students" we briefly show the most important functions of the Pollux literature search. This is free of charge for all who are interested.
We are working on an english version.
Pollux is funded by DFG for another three years
We are happy!
After two successful funding phases (2016ff), the DFG has fully approved our proposal. Thus, the Specialised Information Service Political Science will be funded for another three years with a sum of 1.79 million EUR.
In the next funding phase (2022-2025), the research data center Qualiservice will join the SuUB and GESIS as a third project partner.
The projects of the third funding phase include in particular:
- Extension of the literature search in Pollux (so far 8 million documents) to include references from neighboring disciplines
- Improving the visibility and searchability of text corpora and research blogs
- Strengthening public relations
- Expansion of open access services
- Research data management of qualitative research data
The official press release can be found here: https://www.uni-bremen.de/en/university/university-communication-and-marketing/all-news/details/politikwissenschaftlicher-fachinformationsdienst-wird-weiter-gefoerdert
Pollux shortly explained
German version only, we are working on an english version...
Get the best search results
Pollux offers access to a large number of resources in different formats - free of charge for registered political scientists. Following the e-first-principle, all sources are made available digitally and directly wherever possible.
- Comprehensive political science search space
- Free of charge, up-to-date and fast
- Electronic full texts (ebooks, articles)
- Large, up-to-date newspaper archive (Factiva)
- Find and save relevant literature
- Use different lists to store titles using your criteria
- Export lists to the reference management software
- Use a rating system to score best sources
- Articles from 600 German-language and 14,000 international newspapers, as well as documents and publications from international institutions
- International newspapers (The Times, The New York Times, The Independent etc.)
- German-language newspapers (Die Zeit, Süddeutsche Zeitung, Handelsblatt etc.)