literature and research tools
for political science
German version only, we are working on an english version...
Wir wollen mehr Open Access wagen! Bericht zum Online-Workshop über Wege, Modelle und Services für die Politikwissenschaft im Bereich Open Access vom 9. Februar 2022
German version only.
We would like to invite you to participate in our online workshop "We want to dare more Open Access! Ways, Models and Services for Political Science", which will take place on February 9, 2022 from 10:00 to 15:00 via Zoom. The workshop is organized by the Specialized Information Service for Political Science - Pollux and the BMBF-funded project open-access.network.
On 2/3/2022 (1-2pm), we will introduce the services and research tools we offer in Pollux. We then provide an overview of our collaborative partners and our feedback loop with the political science research community. We end our talk with a discussion on the challenges of discoverability of text corpora, which is one aspect for the future development of Pollux. Afterwards there will be time for questions and discussion.
The talk will be held in English. Participation is free of charge, registration is required under https://www.gesis.org/en/services/sharing-knowledge/consulting-and-guidelines/meet-the-experts/anmeldung
More Information on the online series is available at GESIS Meet the Experts.
Get the best search results
Pollux offers access to a large number of resources in different formats - free of charge for registered political scientists. Following the e-first-principle, all sources are made available digitally and directly wherever possible.
- Comprehensive political science search space
- Free of charge, up-to-date and fast
- Electronic full texts (ebooks, articles)
- Large, up-to-date newspaper archive (Factiva)
- Find and save relevant literature
- Use different lists to store titles using your criteria
- Export lists to the reference management software
- Use a rating system to score best sources
- Articles from 600 German-language and 14,000 international newspapers, as well as documents and publications from international institutions
- International newspapers (The Times, The New York Times, The Independent etc.)
- German-language newspapers (Die Zeit, Süddeutsche Zeitung, Handelsblatt etc.)