POLLUX makes your literature and information procurement faster and more efficient regardless of location
We are very pleased to welcome the following new members to our Scientific Advisory Board:
We are pleased to welcome
- Dr. Martin Beckstein (Politische Philosophie, Universität Zürich)
- Prof. Dr. Paula Diehl (Politische Theorie, Universität Kiel)
- Dr. Frederike Kelle (Global Governance, WZB Berlin)
- Natalie Tröller, M.A. (Internationale Beziehungen, Universität Trier)
- Dr. Dieter Wolf (Geschäftsführer SOCIUM Bremen).
A warm welcome to all of you and thank you for supporting POLLUX.
The journal "Totalitarismus und Demokratieforschung" from HAIT is now published with financial support from POLLUX by Vandenhoek and Ruprecht Open Access! To ensure free access for all readers in the long term, it is important that existing subscriptions are continued ("subscribe to open" model)
The licenses for e-book packages of the following publishers will expire soon and cannot be renewed due to lack of financial resources:
Babara Budrich, Berghahn Books, Campus, De Gruyter, Duncker & Humblot, Metropolis, Nomos, Pluto Press, SAGE, Verso Books, World Scientific, Zed Books
The e-books of these publishers are nevertheless still included in POLLUX. Occasionally delays may occur due to embargos.
The next advanced training course of the Association of German Librarians (VDB) for subject specialists of the social sciences will take place in Cologne on 22-23 April 2020.
The main focus will be on: the Specialised Information Services (FID) political science and sociology, new trends in sociological research and the handling of social science data.
You will find the complete programme under https://eveeno.com/vdb-fachref-soz (german only).
Registration is possible up to 27 March 2020.
The training is organized by the FID Sociology (https://www.sociohub-fid.de ) in cooperation with the FID Political Science (https://www.pollux-fid.de).
As of now, authors have a quick and easy possibility to make an article listed in POLLUX available as a secondary publication (Open Access). We collaborate with the Social Science Open Access Repository (SSOAR) - a full-text server maintained by GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences, which increases the long-term visibility of your publication on the web in the best possible way.
2020-02-03Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Politics
Oxford Research Encyclopedia of International Studies
2020-01-28Cambridge University Press
2020-01-27Oxford University Press
2020-01-06Oxford University Press
2019-12-30Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Politics
Get the best search results
POLLUX offers access to a large number of resources in different formats - free of charge for registered political scientists. Following the e-first-principle, all sources are made available digitally and directly wherever possible.
- Comprehensive political science search space
- Free of charge, up-to-date and fast
- Electronic full texts (ebooks, articles)
- Large, up-to-date newspaper archive (Factiva)
- Find and save relevant literature
- Use different lists to store titles using your criteria
- Export lists to the reference management software
- Use a rating system to score best sources
- Articles from 600 German-language and 14,000 international newspapers, as well as documents and publications from international institutions
- International newspapers (The Times, The New York Times, The Independent etc.)
- German-language newspapers (Die Zeit, Süddeutsche Zeitung, Handelsblatt etc.)